THE CHILDREN’S MINISTRY component in our church is carried out in many forms, one of which is SUNDAY SCHOOL on Sunday mornings from 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., September until June. We usually begin with group-based worship singing, drama, and object lessons and then continue in a small group classroom-style for such benefits as age appropriate learning, easier peer socialization, lower stress for kids and teachers and the opportunity for more one-on-one time for individual questions. Sunday School is offered from Ages 4 to Grade 12.
The top ten benefits of children’s ministry:
10. It’s their best chance to accept Christ.
9. It can help counterbalance worldly influences.
8. It supports godly parenting.
7. It provides families with meaningful shared experiences.
6. It’s good for society.
5. It increases the total amount of instruction time children will get in the Bible.
4. It helps bring in new families to the church.
3. Having children present gives a sense of excitement and hope for the future.
2. It helps the church to pass on the faith.
1. Having children present gives adults some real life examples of childlike faith.
The curriculum is based on teaching about God’s redeeming grace through Jesus Christ and incorporates take-home discussions for parents to continue and build-on. Our hope and goal is to respond to Jesus’ love as He told Peter in John 21:15-17, “to tend My lambs, shepherd My sheep and tend My sheep.” We have been blessed to have dedicated volunteer teachers who love the Lord and are compelled to teach that love to our children and youth. God asks us to respond to His love by “…loving our neighbours as ourselves.” in Mark 12:31. The Sunday School families are given many opportunities throughout the year to participate in ministry projects within our church, community and abroad.
If you have any questions, you may contact:
Diann Lepp; email@example.com